From Official Factorio Wiki
This is a list of planned additions and changes for Factorio's next major release 0.17.
Planned major features
- Mini tutorials
- Improved quality
- Cover the rest of the game mechanics
- Improved First Steps campaign and new main campaign 
- GUI rewrite   
- New graphics back-end, SDL, OpenGL, DX11, v-sync fix, texture streaming, VRAM usage optimizations, shaders 
- New font rendering 
- Recipe tree GUI
- Foundation of some kind of in-game "factoriopedia"
- Should provide the player fast ways to get the answer to questions like:
- "What is this item used in?"
- "What is the graph of recipe dependencies for this?"
- Mod integration improvements
- Syncing mods with multiplayer game
- Mod browsing improvements
- Show the mod picture and more smaller things
- Map editor improvements, both technical and usability wise
- Map generator improvements and fixes, autoplace specification improvements and documentation
- High-resolution sprites for the rest of the game, including a few changes to some entities
- New laser turret textures, new laser beams 
- Final game balancing
- Upgrade planner 
- Rich text editing 
- Different fonts, color, and icons
- Possibly: Item/recipe/technology references, map positions, and blueprint strings
- Fast pipe replacing 
- Spidertron 
- Better car handling and car in latency state
- Better fluid physics