|+ + →|
|+ + + + +|
Construction robots are autonomous floating devices capable of repairing or building the player's structures. They run on electricity from Roboports.
Construction robots accomplish various tasks, including:
- They repair damaged entities using Repair packs.
- They replace destroyed entities as long as they are available in a Provider chest or Storage chest.
- They remove entities marked with the deconstruction planner. Removed entities are transported into storage chests.
- They add entities marked with Blueprint as long as these entities are available.
Construction robots are priority targets of Enemies, meaning Biters/spitters will engage them even if there are Pollution-producing buildings around. Construction robots have no means of defending themselves and do not run when they encounter enemies. Because they often operate at the "front", they are in high danger to be destroyed. Despite being a floating entity, ground units using melee are still capable of destroying them.
- Main article: Achievements
Construction robots are directly connected to the following achievements:
- Automated construction
- Construct 100 machines using robots.
- Automated cleanup
- De-construct 100 objects with the construction robots.
- You are doing it right!
- Construct more machines using robots than manually.
- Construction robots when used by the player will take primarily from the player's inventory, then the hotbar.
- Construction robots will check if their target is still in the network area when they return to personal roboport for charging.
- Construction robots can now be used by the player via a Personal roboport embedded into a type of modular armor.
- AI of the construction robots improved.
- Construction robots take as many repair packs as they can when going to repair.
- Construction robots no longer die of lack of electricity, they just slow down to 20% of their normal speed.
- The deconstruction planner can be used to order bots to destroy buildings/trees.
- Robots can rebuild Land mines.
- Construction robots now use the durability of the repair packs when using them.