Absorbs pollution. Can be chopped down for Raw wood.
Trees are plants in Factorio. They can be mined for raw wood, and are the only source of it. Trees are obstacles to construction and must be cleared to provide building space, but they also reduce Pollution, so take care not to remove more than necessary. Currently, trees cannot be replanted.
| Run Forrest, run|
Destroy 100 trees by impact.
Destroy 10k trees with fire.
Good methods to remove trees
- Mining with iron or steel axes (*)
- Shooting swaths of trees with a shotgun or combat shotgun
- Using grenades to blow them up
- Using poison to kill them
- Having construction robots harvest them using a deconstruction planner (*)
- Knocking them down by driving a tank over them
- Burning them with a flamethrower, causing a forest fire
- Burning them with a flamethrower while in a tank
- Using atomic bombs to blow them up
(*) Usable to collect raw wood. Dead trees will give 2 raw wood and have a mining time of 1. Live trees will give 4 raw wood and have a mining time of 2. All other methods just destroy the tree and wood.
Once on fire, trees cannot be extinguished, but the spread of the fire can be limited by creating a fire break.
Trees remove small amounts of pollution in their area. After absorbing more than 3500 units of pollution, trees start to lose their leaves, absorbing 500 units of pollution in the process. Apart from the visuals, this does not affect the tree.
|Object||Pollution per tick||Pollution per second|
|Tree, red tree, brown tree||-0.001||-0.06|
|Dead dry hairy tree||-0.0001||-0.006|
|Dead grey trunk||-0.0001||-0.006|
|Dead tree - desert||-0.0001||-0.006|
|Dry hairy tree||-0.0001||-0.006|