From Official Factorio Wiki
- 1 0.18.7
- 2 0.18.6
- 3 0.18.5
- 4 0.18.4
- 5 0.18.3
- 6 0.18.2
- 7 0.18.1
- 8 0.18.0
- New visuals for poison capsule effect.
- New dying effect and remnants for flying robots.
- Entity destroyed alert - Sound softened and lowered in volume.
- Weapon sounds (WIP) - new Pistol, Submachine gun, Gun turret, Laser turret.
- Logistic chests open sound (WIP).
- Poison capsule cloud (WIP).
- Fixed that reordering heat buffers during the same tick a different heat buffer was built would leave the heat buffer state corrupted. (more)
- Fixed that entity sounds with probabilities would loop forever once they started playing. (more)
- Fixed rocket silo tooltip did not include contents of the rocket result inventory. (more)
- Fixed that styles were applied to wrong slot in a filtered train view. (more)
- Fixed that server authentication would fail if both the token and username and password were provided. (more)
- Fixed that changing inserter pickup/dropoff through mods didn't work correctly. (more)
- Fixed that combat robots had their fire resistance overwritten. (more)
- Fixed that rolling stocks were not pulled correctly when train was moving through curved rails. (more)
- Fixed that LuaEntityPrototype::burner_prototype didn't work for the burner-generator entity type. (more)
- Fixed janky construction robot flying animation during repair work. (more)
- Added optional LuaItemStack::build_blueprint raise_built.
- Added LuaInventory::find_empty_stack(), count_empty_stacks(), and get_insertable_count().
- Added LuaEntityPrototype::heat_energy_source_prototype, fluid_energy_source_prototype, and void_energy_source_prototype read.
- Added LuaGameScript::encode_string() and decode_string().
- Added on_player_set_quick_bar_slot.
- Added on_pre_player_toggled_map_editor.
- Removed LuaPlayer::name write. (more)
- Removed core lualib util.encode() and util.decode().
- Fixed infinite loop in renderer when trying to render water reflections created by off-screen entities under some circumstances. (more)
- Fixed a crash related to multiple blocks reserved for different trains but later merged by placing a rail. (more)
- Fixed that construction robots were missing their working animation. (more)
- Fixed circuit network debug visualization text overlap. (more)
- Fixed the circuit network tooltip backgrounds didn't highlight correctly. (more)
- Fixed that script.active_mods wouldn't be accurate when loading save files in some cases. (more)
- Fixed that the sync-mods-with-save feature would try to download mods it didn't need to in some cases. (more)
- Fixed that trains pathfinder could create non contiguous path in case of single segment cycle with a junction. (more)
- Fixed possible crash when units were attacking rails with train on them. (more)
- Fixed pump would consume energy and play animation when it tried to transfer very small amount of fluid but failed to do so. (more)
- Fixed creating fire entity by trigger effect invoked by a particle would crash the game.
- Fixed overriding LuaSurface::brightness_visual_weight would cause light map to appear in map view. (more)
- Building entities with from items with 0 health will set the entity to 1 health instead of 0. (more)
- Added LuaGameScript::reset_time_played() which will reset the 'Time played' to 0.
- Wave defense difficulty will scale with online player count.
- Wave defense hard difficulty will give 50% less bounty on each kill.
- New sound for small explosion.
- Combat robots now have their own explosion sound.
- Shotgun has more variety so it sounds less repetitive.
- Vehicle impacting wooden objects (e.g chests) now sounds subtly different to crashing into trees.
- A few minor volume level changes including lowering the offshore pump and electric furnace.
- Fixed a crash when saving fails due to mod issues. (more)
- Fixed a crash that would happen when the player entered a vehicle when some biters were aggroed at them. (more)
- Fixed that cargo wagons built while a train is moving didn't animate the doors correctly. (more)
- Fixed an error when using modded night vision defined in zip files. (more)
- Fixed a performance issue with assembling machine result slot tooltips. (more)
- Fixed that items marked with the mod-openable flag couldn't be opened from the quickbar in some cases. (more)
- Fixed that train could fail with chain signal sequence escape maneuver when path goes multiple times through a rail segment.
- Possibly fixed seam on terrain at certain position and zoom level. (more)
- Fixed that sometimes wave defense would trigger victory before killing all spawners. (more)
- Fixed that writing to LuaForce::stack_inserter_capacity_bonus was limited to 200 instead of 254.
- Changed definitions of map colors of beacons, pipes, heat pipes, roboports and steam engines, so they can be overridden by friendly_map_color. (more)
- Added ParticlePrototype::ended_on_ground_trigger_effect.
- Added fuel burnt results to the item tooltip.
- Loader remnants will pick rotation the same way as underground belts do. (more)
- Applied LUT color correction to new explosions.
- Transport belts - high frequencies reduced.
- Train - pitch scaling reduced and sound levels remixed (Work in Progress).
- Inserters lowered in level slightly (Work in Progress).
- Compilatron muted as it was too annoying.
- Removed scrollbar GUI click sound.
- Overwriting a save file will show a confirmation if the selected save has more playtime on it than what you are about to save. (more)
- Fixed tile rendering would break at extremely low zoom. (more)
- Fixed dragging train schedules in the train GUI. (more)
- Fixed a crash when migrating loader entities in blueprints. (more)
- Fixed fast entity split to burner inserters. (more)
- Fixed that the pump could never reach its pumping speed of 12000/s. (more)(more)
- Fixed logistic and combat robots were missing dying explosion effect.
- Fixed migration of 1x1 loaders from pre-0.18 saves. It still might result in loss of items on transport lines that start on the migrated loaders.
- Improved map colors by adding specific colors to beacons, pipes, heat pipes, roboports and steam engines.
- New or updated sound effects include:
- Pump, pumpjack, boiler, heat pipe, offshore pump, substation.
- Logistic and construction robots, roboport.
- Rocket takeoff sequence.
- Car and tank (pitch scaling adjusted to sound more natural).
- All transport belts, splitters, inserters, assembling machines, power switch.
- Added some UI sounds that were missing.
- Shotgun, small explosions.
- Entity destroyed alert.
- New sound tech includes:
- Listener position set to centre of screen by default. This will allow you to hear what you see even when in map mode.
- The ability to turn off the Doppler effect in Lua, used for the Substation so far.
- environment-audible-distance setting increased to 30 so you can hear entities a bit further away.
- zoom-volume-coefficient changed so you can hear more of the world when you zoom out. This will help with combat and give a greater sense of the overall factory.
- Fixed that pressing escape in some log-in screens lead to blank screen or incorrect states. (more)
- Fixed enemy walls should not render as connected to ghosts, since enemy ghosts are not visible. (more)
- Fixed undo on self-looped combinator ghosts not restoring wires. (more)
- Fixed achievement cards not showing description when descriptions are turned off in interface settings.
- Fixed that inserters from 0.17 save files could end up teleporting items into/from trains. (more)
- Fixed that the sync mods with save GUI wouldn't size correctly. (more)
- Fixed that thrown capsules could end up broken forever if thrown at exactly the right tick. (more)
- Fixed crash when using "create-entity" trigger effect item to create an artillery flare. (more)
- Fixed map view night LUT. (more)
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when a biter, who was in previous versions of the game aggroed by a player in a car or tank, was aggroed again. (more)
- Fixed crash when joining a game through Steam without having previously logged in.
- Migrating loaders between loader and loader-1x1 will maintain the loader type (input/output). (more)
- Added LuaSurface::create_particle().
- Added LuaEntityPrototype::inserter_pickup_position and inserter_drop_position read.
- Train stop at train's starting segment exit is no longer counted into penalty. (more)
- Inventory transfers mini-tutorial has been updated to feature the quickbar.
- Split the map editor sub-menu into more options so it's more clear when scenarios are copied and when they are edited directly.
- Fixed replay gui covering tooltips. (more)
- Fixed tooltips in statistics window not showing force modifiers. (more)
- Fixed electric mining drill was missing dying explosion. (more)
- Fixed when using OpenGL backed turret range overlay was rendered incorrectly when zoomed in. (more)
- Fixed a crash when using script.get_event_order during control.lua init. (more)
- Fixed that LuaForce::reset_technology_effects() could change the enabled/visible when disabled state. (more)
- Fixed wrong lua docs about what event(s) could be filtered. (more)
- Fixed a wrong error message related to multiplayer and migration scripts. (more)
- Fixed crash when rail with temporary train stop is removed. (more)
- Fixed crash if you attempted to ping a train wagon immediately after placing it on a multiplayer server with high latency. (more)
- Fixed that clicking the drop-down widget in the map editor script section would stop the mouse from working. (more)
- Fixed nightvision effect was applied to zoomed-to-world view sometimes. (more)
- Fixed that enemies would attack rails. (more)
- Changed default value of LoaderPrototype::structure_render_layer from "transport-belt-circuit-connector" to "object", in order to be consistent with other on-belt structure sprites. (more)
- Added LuaEntity::get_damage_to_be_taken().
- Added LuaSurface::brightness_visual_weights to add back ability to control darkness of the night runtime per-surface. (more)
- Steam users can now log in automatically through Steam without needing their Factorio account password.
- Steam users without a Factorio account can create one by providing only a username.
- Reworked main menu structure.
- Added a "Continue" button which quickly loads the latest save game.
- Added a "New Game" GUI that shows all the ways to play the game
- Added a setting to the map editor to show/hide the extra entity settings.
- Added a map editor GUI to edit force data modifiers.
- Added a PvP team option to create a moat around the starting area.
- Added animation to water.
- Added animation to trees.
- Added LUTs and color corrected the game sprites.
- Added sliders to the graphics settings to adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation.
- Added on damaged effects for most entities.
- Added specific dying explosions for most entities.
- New or updated sound effects include:
- Nuclear reactor, chemical plant, furnace, fire, burner mining drill.
- Mining by hand, chopping wood
- Roboport door, Combat robots
- Player footsteps.
- Biter and Spitter footsteps.
- Worm breathing, Spitters and Biters, idling and attacking.
- New sound features include:
- The ability to fade out sounds instead of a sudden stop, e.g. for the furnace.
- Varying the pitch of sounds to a min/max level, to add more variety.
- A 'Random, no repeat' feature to reduce repetition, especially on sounds that happen frequently, such as player steps.
- The sound for the game has also been rebalanced to highlight certain sounds and make others fade into the distance.
- The default sound settings have also been updated to improve this mix.
- Optimized particle logic.
- Improved performance when side-loading transport belts.
- Improved performance of inserters interacting with assembling machines and furnaces.
- Improved performance of inserters when the circuit network turns them off.
- Improved performance of mining drills and inserters in general.
- Improved performance of burner entities.
- Improved performance polluting entities.
- Improved performance of smoke producing entities.
- Improved performance logistic and construction robot performance when they're flying towards their target.
- Improved performance of furnaces and assembling machines that use fluids.
- Improved heat pipe performance by 3x.
- Improved item request proxy performance by turning them off in 99%+ of the cases.
- Improved locomotive, cargo wagon, and fluid wagon performance by turning them off in 99%+ of the cases.
- Electric networks, fluids, and heat pipes are updated in parallel if you have enough cores.
- Improved script rendering performance for text and lines.
- Improved performance of rotated bounding boxes.
- Fixed the recipe tooltip showing negative values for some complex recipes. (more)
- Fixed graphical glitch when GUI element with blurred background got out of bounds of the screen. (more)
- Fixed hard coded English string in NPE. (more)
- Fixed potential crash in NPE when Compilatron is pointing at something that gets deleted. (more)
- Fixed issue where sometimes you couldn't move to the second area in NPE. (more)
- Fixed issue where Compilatron would sometimes tell you to build more boilers when that was not the problem. (more)
- Fixed issue where Compilatron's speech bubbles could block you from interacting with the world behind him. (more)
- Fixed items with excessively long names squashing the count label in the recipe tooltips. (more)
- Fixed accumulator charge text in statistics bouncing around because of inconsistent number of digits. (more)
- Fixed train path finding penalty when there are 2 or more trains in block. (more)
- Fixed a crash when creating trains during the player moved event that was caused by the player getting ejected from a vehicle because the vehicle died. (more)
- Fixed a crash when removing mods that had custom GUI elements. (more)
- Fixed a crash when using Lua event filters when the thing to be filtered becomes invalid. (more)
- Fixed that some turret sounds could be heard on other surfaces. (more)
- Fixed that the tooltip for the generator would not show its efficiency correctly. (more)
- Fixed a crash related to building tiles in multiplayer with some mods. (more)
- Fixed that turrets would sometimes fail to attack things that are in range. (more)
- Fixed follower robot lifetime tooltip property not taking into account following_robots_lifetime_modifier. (more)
- Fixed cliffs sometimes getting marked for deconstruction when they shouldn't have been. (more)
- Fixed inconsistent rounding in the statistics window. (more)
- Fixed a desync when setting .active=false on beacons through script. (more)
- The map will be re-charted when the mod configuration changes. (more)
- Fixed inserters sometimes not being highlighted when selecting a large modded vehicle. (more)
- Fixed a crash when entity grid would destroy itself during update. (more)
- Fixed a crash with rich text tags and dynamic images. (more)
- Fixed setting the held stack of an inserter didn't update the inserter state correctly. (more)
- Fixed tooltip alignment in some specific cases. (more)
- Fixed a crash when lua removes pipe-to-ground between entity revive and deferred pipe connection fix. (more)
- Fixed a crash when setting infinity chest filters to legacy items. (more)
- Fixed that splitters could be set to have invalid bounding boxes that would lead to corrupt saves. (more)
- Fixed word wrapping of rich text containing tag that doesn't fit given width would duplicate the tag on multiple lines. (more)
- Fixed if migrating old achievement data to Steam Cloud failed, the old file would not be deleted resulting in the same error on every startup. (more)
- Fixed train pathfinding penalty for circuit network closed rail signal was not applied in some cases. (more)
- Fixed a crash when mods would define construction robots without some sprites. (more)
- Fixed that trying to do 0 damage would still trigger the entity-damaged event. (more)
- Fixed a save corruption issue related to modded loaders with different belt_distance values. (more)
- Fixed that train would forget amount of ticks waiting at signal when doing repath. (more)
- Fixed that train pathfinder was not counting penalty of last segment length in path cost. (more)
- Fixed PvP error on configuration changed. (more)
- Fixed pump tooltip showing double pumped amount when pumping to fluid wagon. (more)
- Fixed manual ghost revive of a loader in unload mode would not work in visually matching direction. (more)
- Fixed calling LuaEntity::order_deconstruction() on item-request-proxy would corrupt the game state leading to crash. (more)
- Landfill can be placed over shallow water.
- Fixed that LuaEntity::color wouldn't accept "nil" to reset the color. (more)
- Fixed that train pathfinder was not counting penalty of opposite train stop at last segment.
- Fixed that train pathfinder was counting penalty of whole starting segment instead of only part in front of locomotive. (more)
- Fixed that train pathfinder would return single segment path even if there are shorter, multi segment ones. (more)
- Fixed technology screen not showing modifier tooltips when tooltip descriptions are disabled. (more)
- Fixed belt tooltips sometimes showing their speed in exponent format. (more)
- Added UnitPrototype::light.
- Removed the "particle" prototype type.
- Added the "optimized-particle" prototype type.
- Added the "burner-generator" prototype type.
- Removed GeneratorPrototype::burner.
- Added the "pass_through_mouse" option to speech bubble styles. This lets mouse interactions fall through to interact with the world behind.
- Added optional "radius_color" property to capsule prototype.
- Removed EntityPrototype::emissions_per_tick, it is replaced by emissions_per_second.
- Removed EnergySourcePrototype::emissions_per_second_per_watt and emissions, they are replaced by emissions_per_minute.
- Removed TilePrototype::ageing, it is replaced by pollution_absorption_per_second.
- Removed ItemPrototype::stackable, primary_place_result_item and can_be_mod_opened, they were replaced by ItemPrototypeFlags "not-stackable", "primary-place-result" and "mod-openable".
- Added "probability" to trigger items and trigger effect items.
- Added "script" trigger effect item. It will call the "on_script_trigger_effect" when triggered.
- Added AttackParameters::rotate_penalty and AttackParameters::health_penalty.
- Added generic support for rendering radius visualisations on entities through radius_visualisation_specification.
- Changed construction robots and logistic robots sprites to be optional.
- Changed the loader prototype type so it has a fixed belt_distance of 0.5.
- Added the prototype type "loader-1x1" that has a fixed belt_distance of 0.
- Changed render layer of belt structures (underground belt, splitter, circuit connector) to object layer. They now have special sorting logic, so they are not rendered over player or cars.
- Horizontal directions of splitter sprites were separated to two sprites (for purposes of the special sorting logic).
- Added AttackParameters::ammo_categories.
- Added optional artillery projectile property "rotatable".
- Scenarios can now contain a description.json file. In the file "order" determines the sorting in the New Game gui; "multiplayer-compatible" determines weather the scenario is shown for multiplayer games.
- Added "multiplayer-compatible" to description.json file of campaigns also.
- Added on_unit_group_finished_gathering and on_build_base_arrived events.
- Added LuaRendering::bring_to_front().
- Changed LuaGameScript::particle_prototypes to reference the optimized-particle type.
- Added LuaGuiElement::scroll_to_item() function.
- Renamed LuaInventory::hasbar(), getbar() and setbar() to supports_bar(), get_bar() and set_bar().
- Added LuaEquipmentPrototype::attack_parameters read.
- Added on_script_trigger_effect event.
- Set lower limit of zoom parameter of LuaGameScript::take_screenshot to be 0.0315 (1 pixel per tile) instead of allowing any value greater than 0.
- Added LuaPlayer::get_infinity_inventory_filter(), set_infinity_inventory_filter() functions.
- Added LuaPlayer::remove_unfiltered_items, infinity_inventory_filters read/write.
- Added LuaSurface::get_entities_with_force().
- Added optional "dealer" parameter to LuaEntity::damage().
- Added "force" filters to the on_built_entity and on_robot_built_entity event filters.
- LuaSurface::min_brightness doesn't have any effect on rendering as brightness of night depends only on color LUT of night.