This is a copy of the official roadmap which can be found on the forums.
The Roadmap has been updated for one release upfront.
Please keep in mind that Wube will release updates when they are ready, usually later than the date on their roadmap. There may be more features than there are on this roadmap. It's also not guaranteed everything will be implemented (Golden rule: everything takes longer than expected).
- Mini tutorials
- Improved quality
- Cover the rest of the game mechanics
- Improved First Steps campaign and new main campaign
- GUI rewrite
- Improve the looks of the GUI
- Change the way it works
- New graphics back-end, SDL, OpenGL, DX11, v-sync fix, texture streaming, VRAM usage optimizations, shaders
- Recipe tree GUI
- Foundation of some kind of in-game "factoriopedia"
- Should provide the player fast ways to get the answer to questions like:
- "What is this item used in?"
- "What is the graph of recipe dependencies for this?"
- Mod integration improvements
- Syncing mods with multiplayer game
- Mod browsing improvements
- Show the mod picture and more smaller things
- Map editor improvements, both technical and usability wise
- Map generator improvements and fixes, autoplace specification improvements and documentation
- High-resolution sprites for the rest of the game, including few changes to some entities
- Final game balancing
- Better car handling and car in latency state
- Better fluid physics