From Official Factorio Wiki
- 1 < Roadmap | History
- 2 Factorio 0.17 (February 26th 2019)
- 3 Factorio 0.16 (December 13th 2017)
- 4 Factorio 0.15 (April 24th 2017)
- 5 Factorio 0.14 (August 26th 2016)
- 6 Factorio 0.13 (June 27th 2016)
- 7 Factorio 0.12 (July 17th 2015)
- 8 Factorio 0.11 (October 31st 2014)
- 9 Factorio 0.10 (June 6th 2014)
- 10 Factorio 0.9 (February 14th 2013)
- 11 Factorio 0.8 (December 6th 2013)
- 12 Factorio 0.7 (September 27th 2013)
- 13 Factorio 0.6 (July 26th 2013)
- 14 Factorio 0.5 (June 7th 2013)
- 15 Factorio 0.4 (May 3rd 2013)
- 16 See also
This article gives short descriptions of past releases.
Factorio 0.17 (February 26th 2019)
- New Tutorial
- GUI rewrite
- Improve the looks of the GUI
- Change the way it works
- New graphics back-end, SDL, OpenGL, DX11, v-sync fix, texture streaming, VRAM usage optimizations, shaders.
- Mod integration improvements
- Syncing mods with multiplayer game
- Mod browsing improvements
- Show the mod picture and more smaller things
- Map editor improvements, both technical and usability wise - completely new editor
- Map generator improvements and fixes, autoplace specification improvements and documentation
- Rich text.
- Robot construction tools; Upgrade planner, copy-paste, undo.
- More high-resolution sprites, notably walls, gates, turrets, belts, biters, spawners, electric poles, worms, spitters.
- Many modding and scripting additions.
Factorio 0.16 (December 13th 2017)
- More high res stuff
- New terrain generation
- Artillery train
- General update optimizations
- Allow loading games with different mod settings (and automatically download the mods if necessary)
- More mini-tutorials
Factorio 0.15 (April 24th 2017)
- Nuclear power
- Blueprint preservation (Export/import blueprints)
- Update optimizations (belts + pipes)
- Research Revolution
- Combat balance
- New 3x2 boiler
- New terrain (red desert biome)
- Liquid wagon + universal barrelling
- Map interaction improvements, map tags and 'zoom to map'
- High res graphics introduction (This means just some parts of the game will be in high res in this version)
- Circuit network additions, improvements and optimizations
- Scenario pack extension - Wave defense and PvP scenario
- First set of interactive mini tutorials
Factorio 0.14 (August 26th 2016)
- Multiplayer production polish (move from "usable if you try hard and overlook imperfections" to "just works")
- Modding support for equipment grids in vehicles.
Factorio 0.13 (June 27th 2016)
- Proper tech tree.
- Second part of the circuit network extension (power switch, gate, train station, accumulator and logistic network integration to circuit network)
- Additional train conditions (wait until full, wait until empty, wait until circuit condition)
- Flamethrower turret
- Fire (forests can catch on fire)
- Basic Multiplayer matching server (allow listing running MP games via a central location)
- Better rail building
- Better train managing possibilities.
- Modules in blueprints.
- Centralized mod portal and its integration in the game
- Train graphics and vertical/horizontal discrepancy fix.
- Stack inserter
Factorio 0.12 (July 17th 2015)
- Multiplayer enhancements (lag hiding, better pvp/forces support, IPv6 support, DNS names).
- First part of the endgame content. (Build rocket and send it to space).
- Chain signals (trains).
- Combinator and more circuit logic.
- Personal roboport.
- Logistic trash fields.
- First part of nature destruction by pollution (only tree related now).
- First part of new ambient music update.
- Optimization of the game simulation speed.
- New graphics of combat robots.
- Buildable floors. (concrete + stone)
- Attempt of steam integration.
Factorio 0.11 (October 31st 2014)
- Multiplayer for the brave ones.
- New player graphics (3 versions depending on armor and colored depending on the player color).
- The first (simple) instance of a tank.
- VRAM saving optimization.
Factorio 0.10 (June 6th 2014)
- Finish the trailer. This is a #1 priority now :) Together with this we will work on presentation (finish new logo, new forum skin, new screenshots on web, credits page in the game).
- Functional replays. This will be a side-effect of multiplayer efforts.
- Factory sound background. Entities in the game will have specific sounds that play when player is near.
Factorio 0.9 (February 14th 2013)
- Oil/Chemicals industry.
- Biomes and doodads.
Factorio 0.8 (December 6th 2013)
- Standard Campaign rework.
- New terrain.
- Repairing robots (can reconstruct buildings as well)
- Map Editor rework
Factorio 0.7 (September 27th 2013)
- Improved Combat mechanics and modular armors.
- More enemy variety and intelligent enemy behavior.
- Moddable weapons and attacks.
Factorio 0.6 (July 26th 2013)
- Better looking terrain.
- Improvements to the map generator.
- Map of discovered part of the world.
- Speed improvements (multithreading).
Factorio 0.5 (June 7th 2013)
- Automatic Factorio updater
- no need for manual download anymore
- Usability improvements
- better visualisation for building railroads
- electricity statistics
- fixes of ongoing bugs
- loads of small improvements (things like alt info for wagons, easier semaphore building, etc.)
- Graphics Gui rework
- the design for the new gui is ready and now it will be implemented
- Railroads improvements
- Train path finding uses signals for path recalculation
- Train can go backwards (when having locomotives on both ends)
- different Train stops can be merged into one station
- God mode
- play without the character
Factorio 0.4 (May 3rd 2013)
- Game determinism and replay
- This is a first step towards the multiplayer
- Involves the replay functionality improvements (pause, fast forward, etc.)
- First version of the scenario pack
- There will be three scenarios to start with
- Originally a stretch goal however we got a lot of requests for this
- There is already some functionality for the trains in the game and we want to finish it
- Electricity improvements
- Accumulator entity
- Large electric pole
- Electric substation