Solar panels are an infinite source of free energy while producing no pollution. During daylight hours every panel provides the maximum power level, 60kW. Generated power will increase/decrease linearly during dusk and dawn, and no power is produced at night. When placed, the Solar Panel takes up 9 spaces, in a 3x3 area.
Basic accumulators can be charged up during the day to power the base at night.
- Main article: Achievements
Solar panels are directly connected to the following achievements:
- Produce more than 10 GJ energy per hour without the usage of steam engine.
- Steam all the way
- Win the game without using a solar panel.
- Changed tech requirement from Adv. Electronics to Electronics.
- Energy of the solar panel is now fractioned between all the networks it's connected to.
- Massive optimisations to solar panel logic.
- Significantly slowed crafting speed to 10 secs from 0.5 sec.
- Made solar panels pre-science pack 3.
- Unplugged icon shown when not connected to any power transfer device.
- New solar panel graphics.
- Priority of power consumption changed to consume from solar panel first.
- Electric network
- Basic accumulator
- Calculating the optimal ratio of accumulators to solar panels
- A Solar Power Excel sheet
- (Forum topic) The way I solar