This page lists tutorials that can be found here on the wiki. They range from guides for the very first steps in the game to in-depth modding tutorials.
The first steps and the first base
These tutorials aim to guide the player through the first steps of the game and provide an idea of how a base could look like.
- Quick start guide - Guides through the first steps of the game, from mining the first piece of ore to automating the first science pack.
- Main bus - A type of base organization that is well suited for beginners.
- Keyboard shortcuts - A collection of useful keyboard shortcuts.
These tutorials take an in-depth look at individual topics related to power production.
These tutorials take a closer look at the circuit network and present usage examples.
- Circuit network cookbook - Example-heavy tutorial; for beginners who want to get to know and use the benefits of the circuit network.
- Combinator tutorial - Mainly textual and detailed tutorial.
These tutorials range from teaching the first steps of modding to in-depth explanations of individual mechanics.
- Modding tutorial/Gangsir — A simple modding tutorial that suits beginners well.
- Mod settings — A small tutorial about how to create and use mod settings.
- Script interfaces — A small tutorial about script interfaces (LuaRemote) and custom keyboard shortcuts.
- Localisation — A small tutorial about how to format and use localisation, which is how mods are translated.
Work in progress
- User:Adil/Modding tutorial - A more advanced tutorial that goes over topics like the Data Lifecycle and Scenario creation in depth. Not recommended for beginners.
- Modding FAQ
- Prototype documentation
- Factorio API Documentation — Documentation of the runtime api
- Factorio data github repository — Tracks changes of the lua prototype definitions in factorio in between releases.