These tutorials range from teaching the first steps of modding to in-depth explanations of individual mechanics:
- Modding tutorial/Gangsir — A simple modding tutorial that suits beginners well.
- Mod structure — More details on how mods need to be structured in order to be loaded by the game.
- Scripting — A small tutorial that focuses on run-time scripting and provides some info on how to use the story script.
- Mod settings — A comprehensive tutorial about how to create and use mod settings.
- Localisation — A tutorial about how to format and use localisation, which is how mods are translated.
- Script interfaces — A small tutorial about script interfaces (LuaRemote) and custom keyboard shortcuts.
- Inspecting a live mod — An annotated tour of a mod that is live on the mod portal right now.
- Noise Expressions — A tutorial about generating terrain, complete with example mod.
- Modding FAQ
- Prototype documentation
- Scenario system — Save-based mods ("soft mods") and their limitations
- Factorio API Documentation — Documentation of the runtime api
- Migrations guide — All information about mod migrations
- Factorio data github repository — Tracks changes of the lua prototype definitions in Factorio in between releases.