A replay is a file stored within the game save, containing any information needed to repeat (replay) a game from start, in a movie-like fashion. This feature is to allow players to view how their world game to be.
Creating & playing a replay
Replays are automatically generated as the map is played, behind the scenes. No user interaction is needed to create the replay file, simply playing the replay will generate the file if it wasn't already generated.
Playing a replay will play back in chronological order the actions taken in the world, as if the player was recording. The speed of playback can be increased or decreased to fine-tune the viewing experience.
To play replays, go to "Replay game" on the play menu:
The replay GUI
A simple control GUI is available to control replay playback:
1. Pause/play the replay 2. Slow down playback 3. Speed up playback 4. Playback position
- There is no way to skip ahead, the entire replay must be watched up until the point of interest.
- Playback view is locked to the character in singleplayer.
- Replays for worlds created in older versions cannot be played. Downgrading is needed to view the replay.
- Adding/removing mods to the save will also break the replay.
- Re-winding (A.K.A. Going backwards in time ) is not possible.