This is the official editor noticeboard for the Factorio wiki. This is a general dispatcher page that editors seeking information about what to do or the state of the wiki can check.
This wiki is the work of a team. The goal is for people to add information or bring it into better context, do videos, or design the layout of the pages, with the end goal to provide an easy place for beginners to Factorio to gain information.
The team communicates through the talk-pages ("Discussion" tab at the top) or through the forum. It's very important to check recent changes ("View History" tab at the top of the page). History will show you all the changes people have made to the page. Additionally, checking "Recent Changes" on the sidebar is also recommended. You can change the shown results in preferences!
If you need to contact an admin, the following admins are currently active:
- Factorio 0.15 has been released. Please follow the below guidelines in current projects when making edits.
- The current 0.15 update plan is as follows:
- Create new pages for all added entities immediately.
- For major changes to existing entities, update the pages to 0.15 info and move the 0.14 info to a small paragraph on the page that states "until version 0.15...".
- Update infoboxes/icons to 0.15. (This is mostly done by us admins because we have the tools to make bulk changes.)
- As of stable release, fully update the page's text and exact values.
These tasks are common maintenance and must be done repeatedly.
- Read through the pages (of your language) and correct mistakes or bad language usage. Mistakes can include typos, outdated information, wrong information, bad formatting, etc.
- Special page checking
- Please be sure to look at special pages often, specifically ones concerning issues such as broken or double redirects, etc. Sorting out these problems makes the wiki more organized and sane.
- Take an English page, copy the content into a sub-page with the language code (Eg /de for German) and translate it to your language. Please only translate if you speak the language very fluently or natively. Do note that stuff like infoboxes and navboxed automatically translate. If they automatically translate incorrectly, Edit the translation template for the language. (eg Template:Translation/de for German)
- Updating the news
- There is a News page. Just add new links as new interesting information comes out. The rest is explained in the page as comments. Don't add stuff that isn't news. Before you add any, ask yourself: If I was looking at this from the future, would it still be relevant? Most of the time, blog posts from the Factorio team are denoted on the news page.
- Page design
- This is about the look and feel of this wiki. Deep knowledge of Mediawiki's template system is not really needed, but will help. For the beginning just try to understand how the current templates work. Make your own test-page in your user-space and try to program around. It can be really fun because this task is more or less like programming. If you need assistance, be sure to check the "help" link on the sidebar of the Wiki, as it can give lots of information about the markup of the Mediawiki language.
- A context specialist focuses on providing context. Creating links between pages, setting up Navboxes, marking old pages for archive/deletion, etc. Please do not make large changes without consulting an admin.
- Community interaction
- You may also field questions and assist other editors, or members of the greater community. If you are unsure, please refer the community member to an Admin.