Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories. You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies.
In the beginning you will find yourself chopping trees, mining ores and crafting mechanical arms and transport belts by hand, but in short time you can become an industrial powerhouse, with huge solar fields, oil refining and cracking, manufacture and deployment of construction and logistic robots, all for your resource needs. However this heavy exploitation of the planet's resources does not sit nicely with the locals, so you will have to be prepared to defend yourself and your machine empire.
Get the Game
Factorio™ is available from a few major online Video Game retailers, and directly from the Factorio website. Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux platforms are supported.
Extra extra! Read all about it!
- Jan 18 FFF #278: The new quickbar
- Jan 11 FFF #277: GUI progress update
- Jan 04 FFF #276: Belt item spacing & Script rendering
- Dec 28 FFF #275: 0.17 Science changes
- Dec 21 FFF #274: New fluid system 2
- Dec 14 FFF #273: Cutscene controller & Localisation plan
- Dec 07 FFF #272: Mod GUI
- Nov 30 FFF #271: Fluid optimisations & GUI Style inspector
- Nov 23 FFF #270: HR Substation & Save/Load overview
- Nov 16 FFF #269: Roadmap update & Transport belt perspective
Features and content added to the game in a recent version.
New in version 0.16.0:
- Buffer chest
- Can request items that are still available to the logistic system.
- Artillery wagon and artillery turret
- Will automatically shoot biter nests and worms.
The full changelog can be found here.
Upcoming content in 0.15:
- Rail Tanker - Transport liquids in a train car!
- HD Textures - Factorio's never looked so pretty!
- Optimisation - Better handling of Transport belts and Gates.
- Science pack rebalancing - Introducing Military science packs, and late game production and high tech science packs.
Get involved with the community! The Factorio community is full of welcoming, helpful people. Make friends and memories.
- Join the forum
- Plenty of users to answer questions.
- Join the official SubReddit
- A very active subreddit.
- Join the official Discord
- Plenty of players to chat with, with active moderators.
Tweet us! Like us on Facebook!
- Chat on IRC
- Prefer old fashioned IRC?
- Server: irc.esper.net
- Channel: #factorio
A fully functional modding API via the Lua programming language is available for making mods.
- The official mod portal
- Download mods from a reputable source!
- A general page about mods for Factorio.
- Install guide
- Install the game.
- Application directory
- Info about where the save/config files are stored.
Beginners and New Players
- Quick Start Guide
- Some basic information.
- Tutorials for the game, written by the community.
- Keyboard bindings
- Configure them to your liking.
Frequently asked questions
- Official FAQ Page
- The official FAQ.
- Official Help page
- The official general help page.
- Gameplay FAQ
- For solving problems with the gameplay.
- Technical FAQ
- Problems with payment, running game...
- Known issues
- A quite playable and very stable game, but...
Figure out what's causing issues.
A lua console is provided with the game, to finely control its engine.