Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories. You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies.
In the beginning you will find yourself chopping trees, mining ores and crafting mechanical arms and transport belts by hand, but in short time you can become an industrial powerhouse, with huge solar fields, oil refining and cracking, manufacture and deployment of construction and logistic robots, all for your resource needs. However this heavy exploitation of the planet's resources does not sit nicely with the locals, so you will have to be prepared to defend yourself and your machine empire.
Get the Game
Factorio™ is available from a few major online Video Game retailers, and directly from the Factorio website. Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux platforms are supported.
Extra extra! Read all about it!
- Nov 13 FFF #363: 1.1 is getting close
- Oct 30 FFF #362: Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button
- Oct 09 FFF #361: Train stop limit, Tips and tricks
- Aug 14 FFF #360: 1.0 is here!
- Aug 07 FFF #359: Crash site: The beginning
- Jul 31 FFF #358: Alien decoratives & Polluted water
- Jul 24 FFF #357: Nuke
- Jul 17 FFF #356: Blueprint library for real
- Jul 10 FFF #355: High resolution updates
- Jul 03 FFF #354: Launch party and HR power switch
Features and content added to the game in a recent version.
New in version 1.0.0:
- Spidertron and spidertron remote
- Freeplay crash site
- Polluted water visual effect
- Biter base decoratives
- New visual effects for the atomic bomb
- Several sounds were reverted to their 0.17 version
The full changelog can be found here.
Upcoming content in 0.15:
- Rail Tanker - Transport liquids in a train car!
- HD Textures - Factorio's never looked so pretty!
- Optimisation - Better handling of Transport belts and Gates.
- Science pack rebalancing - Introducing Military science packs, and late game production and high tech science packs.
Get involved with the community! The Factorio community is full of welcoming, helpful people. Make friends and memories.
- Join the forum
- Plenty of users to answer questions.
- Join the official SubReddit
- A very active subreddit.
- Join the official Discord
- Plenty of players to chat with, with active moderators.
Tweet us! Like us on Facebook!
- Chat on IRC
- Prefer old fashioned IRC?
- Server: irc.esper.net
- Channel: #factorio
A fully functional modding API via the Lua programming language is available for making mods.
- The official mod portal
- Download mods from a reputable source!
- A general page about mods for Factorio.
- Install guide
- Install the game.
- Application directory
- Info about where the save/config files are stored.
Beginners and New Players
- Quick Start Guide
- Some basic information.
- Tutorials for the game, written by the community.
- Keyboard bindings
- Configure them to your liking.
Frequently asked questions
- Official FAQ Page
- The official FAQ.
- Official Help page
- The official general help page.
- Gameplay FAQ
- For solving problems with the gameplay.
- Technical FAQ
- Problems with payment, running game...
- Known issues
- A quite playable and very stable game, but...
Figure out what's causing issues.
A lua console is provided with the game, to finely control its engine.