- belt direction, how to change it
- replacement,how to replace with faster belt type
I'm against the deletion of the Page. This Page was written by me and explains the mechanics of all the "transport belts" in detail. Each specific yellow, red and blue transport belt wiki page links to the "transport belts" page for more general Information about transport belt mechanics. The reason for Deletion is that it got merged into the page "Belt transport system". This Article is going to explain all of the core mechanics of belt's, underground Belt's and splitters at once. I can fill a long article with mechanics for each of them seperatly and merging everything into one page will end in a huge, messy article. If I want to know something about transport belt's in general, I don't want to read about splitters and underground belt first.
- I would suggest using Belt transport system as a general overview of belts, underground belts, and splitters. And have each section link to a more detailed article of each type (ala Main page: Transport belts). --Artorp (talk) 14:43, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
- I would like to second Artorp's suggestion. I feel like Belt transport system is much more useful as an overview with links to each piece broken down into more detail. I was looking for information the other day in that section, and having to dig through all the information for one specific thing was a little overwhelming. --Maelstrominabox (talk) 18:35, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
Adding Balancer References
I wanted to add some more balancer designs for balancing multiple belts, in addition to the two single-belt designs. However, as Factorio is a game about designing your own factories, I am hesitant to do this, as it might result in a "this is the way that x is done" mentality. Please advise. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Highlanderwolf (talk • contribs) 19:58, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
- We don't have standards for this yet, my advice would be not to add too many designs, and definitely don't add designs because you think they look cool or you're proud of it, only useful ones. I also wouldn't go about posting large designs, instead post small sections of a bigger design like the two already posted in the balancing section.
- On a different note, when posting a comment on a talk page like you just did, please make sure to put 4 tildes after your post (Example: ~~~~), this will create a signature and timestamp so people know who asked the question or who posted the reply, comment or answer.
- TheWombatGuru (talk) - Factorio wiki administrator 18:23, 29 August 2016 (UTC)