Does an upgraded gun turret really deal 0.66 damage of a submachine gun without any research?
The last time I used them, I remember I they were beasts early game, and that was probably before the upgrades. I might be mistaken, though. -- SafwatHalaby (talk) 19:38, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- The damage upgrades for bullets and turrets are infinite researches, so you can't really compare them in the end-game, same goes for the early game where there is no specific (but some) level of research. -- Bilka (talk) - Admin 19:44, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- Note that I'm asking about the Gun Turrets vs submachine gun comparison. The article says that submachine gun bullet damage upgrades also affect gun turrets, so the comparison between a submachine gun and a turret seems valid.
- As for lasers, I think comparing them with gun turrets on the same research level is informative, given that infinite research is exponentially expensive. -- SafwatHalaby (talk) 20:00, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- I have edited the title to make my quesiton clearer. -- SafwatHalaby (talk) 20:02, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- The damage comparison with the 0.66 is about the non-upgraded gun/turret, so that has nothing to do with the bullet damage. The other damage calculation mentioned "fully researched" damage despite somehow being updated to 0.15 which introduced the infinite research. I removed it since you can't fully research infinite research.
- The same research level has very different bonus amounts and different costs. Additionally, that would not factor in the bullet damage. It simply doesn't make sense compare them if there is no common metric to start from. -- Bilka (talk) - Admin 21:07, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- I agree that my edits were poor. However, I don't think the existence of infinite research invalidates all damage comparisons between lasers and gun turrets. A proper metric is needed. The point is, gun turrets do have certain use cases related to greater damage, even after lasers are unlocked. What if, say, prior to yellow science gun turrets can be made twice as strong? Readers should know that. With that said, I need to investigate guns vs lasers further before making good edits. -- SafwatHalaby (talk) 00:02, 22 May 2018 (UTC)