Welcome to the Official Factorio Wiki! Now that you have an account, there are a few key places on this Wiki that will be helpful in your efforts to improve it.
First and foremost, please be sure to read and understand the rules of this Wiki. If you have any questions or concerns with these rules, please don't hesitate to ask an Admin.
Secondly, if you're new to editing Wikis and are unfamiliar with MediaWiki's formatting, please be sure to read the help pages. In addition to the help provided by MW, we also provide a style guide that we enforce.
If you're unsure where to begin, please see the editor noticeboard, where information on the current objectives and projects of the Wiki may be found.
Again, welcome, we hope you contribute as much high quality information as you can. :) Bilka (talk) - Admin 22:06, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
Hey, it's nice to see that you semi-automated the updating of the version history (and the latest version page?). If you want, you could provide me the python script that you use for the version history, and I could incorporate it into my own bot to do the updating completely automatically. Even if you don't want that, I would appreciate it if you could share the script, since that would allow another user to continue using it if you ever disappear. -- Bilka (talk) - Admin 10:52, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Bilka. Yes, I've been working on a script to update the version history, and making it public is definitely a goal here. It is just a simple changelog to mediawiki syntax translator. However, it's not perfect and I'm still working on it. It's been almost perfect for the latest updates, but I've found quite a few edge-cases across the whole changelog where my parser fails. Some of these could make use of improvements in the script, other are directly related to inconsistencies in the changelog. I'm even wondering if I'd better send a "fixed" changelog to the team ;)
- Would be great to automate the update through your bot. I'll clean the current code and post it somewhere once I get around the most blatant limitations.
- Also, I have been updating the latest version page manually only, but it could be possible to automate it if there is a way to retrieve the relevant forum post link. I've no idea how to do that though. Spyhawk (talk) 11:43, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
- I'm looking forward to seeing your code :) I think the devs would appreciate if you point out the errors in their changelog, just post it on the forum somewhere.
- There is an RSS feed that has the link: https://forums.factorio.com/feed.php?mode=news. I can implement all of that in my own bot, like I did with the FFF, if that's okay for you. -- Bilka (talk) - Admin 11:53, 31 May 2018 (UTC)