In other languages:

User:Neodyme/Kovarex enrichment process/fr

From Official Factorio Wiki
Revision as of 16:16, 28 July 2021 by Neodyme (talk | contribs) (running translation)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Neodyme/Kovarex enrichment process

Recette

Time.png
60
+
Uranium-235.png
40
+
Uranium-238.png
5
Uranium-235.png
41
+
Uranium-238.png
2

Ressource totale

Time.png
60
+
Uranium-235.png
40
+
Uranium-238.png
5

Type de prototype

recipe

Nom interne

kovarex-enrichment-process

Technologies nécessaires

Kovarex enrichment process (research).png

Produit par

Centrifuge.png

Le processus d'enrichissement de Kovarex est une méthode pour retraiter l'uranium dans une centrifuge. Bien que le processus nécessite une grande quantité d'uranium-235 pour fonctionner, il peut être une bonne solution pour mieux utiliser le minerai d'uranium.

Objectif

Le Traitement d'uranium utilise 10 minerais d'uranium pour produire soit 1 uranium-235 avec une probabilité de 0.7% soit un uranium-238 avec une probabilité de 99.3%, on peut donc espérer obtenir 1 uranium 235 pour 143 uranium-238 produits. C'est, pour le moment, la seule recette du jeu basée sur des probabilités.

L'uranium-235 est nécessaire pour fabriquer des capsules de carburant en uranium et des bombes atomiques, but the probability distribution of uranium processing leads to it being produced slowly and creating large stockpiles of U-238 as a byproduct. The Kovarex process thus provides the player with a considerably faster (and deterministic) method of producing U-235, as well as a use for the surplus U-238.

It should be noted that U-238 is not useless; it is necessary (and sufficient) to manufacture uranium rounds magazines, uranium cannon shells, and explosive uranium cannon shells, and is required as a secondary ingredient in uranium fuel cells. Therefore, it is not advisable to use the Kovarex process to convert all stockpiled U-238 into U-235. (Although, in case of shortage, Used up uranium fuel cells can be reprocessed into a modest amount of U-238.)

Trivia

  • The Kovarex enrichment process is named after Michal Kovařík, lead designer of Factorio and co-owner of Wube, whose online nick is kovarex (which he usually spells lowercase). [1]
  • In the real world, uranium-235 is the most common fissile isotope of uranium and makes up approximately 0.72% of naturally-occurring uranium, with the other 99.28% being uranium-238. The in-game representation is thus highly accurate in this regard. Uranium is commonly enriched in centrifuges to increase the percentage of 235U for use in fission reactions.
  • Uranium munitions are made from depleted uranium, a byproduct of uranium enrichment, which is mostly 238U whose natural admixture of the 235U isotope has been lowered even further through the enrichment process. Depleted uranium is minimally radioactive and the reason for its use in munitions is its very high density and other mechanical properties, not radioactivity/toxicity.

History

  • 0.17.0:
    • Can be used with productivity modules once again.
    • Use with productivity modules now gives correct amount of bonus items.
  • 0.15.2:
    • No longer usable with productivity modules.

See also