- Research is performed in Labs.
- Every technology has a certain amount of units that are needed for it to be researched, the logistics 1 technology in the example requires 20 units.
- Every unit requires a certain combination of science packs, these have to be created and transported into the lab before it can start the research.
- When the laboratory has all the needed ingredients, it starts researching one unit, the time to research the unit varies from technology to technology.
- The more laboratories are researching at the same time, the shorter time it takes to get all the units required.
For the new player, the basic red research pack will be the first bigger item they try crafting by hand only to realise how slow it is. The idea to automate production of the red science packs (and their insertion into the labs) will occur and grow to automate the green and blue too.
This process forms a good part of the early/mid game to establish a reasonable progression speed through the tech tree.
Note: This is the technology of version 0.6 or lower, and a bit outdated.
We recommend to look into this thread for a more or less actual version of this tree.
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.