What should be in the news and what not?
The Factorio News in this wiki should be that kind of news, which - viewed from some future (for example in a year) - will be still relevant information. Examples:
- Good: A player has made an interesting tweak in building a factory, which never has been seen before.
- Bad: Some youtuber has made his 100th Let's play about Factorio.
- Good: The developers announce Greenlight Campaign of Factorio
- Bad: There is a serious bug in MacOS-Version and you need to update to the current.
If you miss some news here, you can add it yourself (this is a wiki, you know).
- v0.11.0 release Oct 31: changelog and v0.11.1 changelog
- FFF #58 Oct 31: It is here.
- News Oct 27: With v0.11 mods will need a license. (creative commons as default)
- FFF #57 Oct 24: One week left.
- FFF #56 Oct 17: A lot of new stuff. Especially announcing release for 0.11.0 for Oct 31.
- Forum Oct 14: The Hydra Dilemma comes to it's end: biggest factorio thread, last episode:
this saturdaySunday Oct 19, 19:30-21:30 UTC (convert TZ), live. Recommended! (Reddit) - updated
- FFF #55 Oct 10: MP preview: Michal and Tomas playing Factorio together (Video). New native race 'Spitters'.
- FFF #54 Oct 03: Bug in bug reporting of other bug.
- Tutorial Oct 02: Nice example builds, thanks to CNDAsniper and FireSerpent.
Archived news don't appear on main page.
- FFF Sep 26: FFF #53. Multikulti Multiplayer.
- Cheatsheet Sep 20: Update version of Tech Tree. (See May 13). Thanks to DaveMcW.
- News: Factorio v0.10.12 is declared stable.
- FFF Sep 19: FFF #52. Ups and Downs.
- v0.10.12 release Sep 16: Changelog. Considered release candidate.
- v0.10.11 release Sep 15: Changelog.
- FFF Sep 12: FFF #51: First MP Game.
- v0.10.10 release Sep 12: Changelog.
- Cheatsheet Sep 08: Useful calculations about productivity modules.
- FFF Sep 05: FFF #50. Growing secretly.
- News Sep 04: Factorio Ripoff. See also FFF #50, what the devs think about it.
- FFF Aug 29: FFF #49. Goodbye holidays.
- v0.10.9 release Aug 29: Changelog.
- Roadmap Aug 29: Actualized roadmap.
- Cheetsheet Aug 28: A tool to help you optimise your production lines.
- FFF Aug 22: FFF #48. Effectivity in the long run.
- v 0.10.7 release August 15: Changelog. And v 0.10.8 release August 15: Changelog - fixes a bug when saving game under Windows.
- FFF Aug 15: FFF #47. CRC fun.* News Aug 14: New filename-rules for mods!
- FFF Aug 08: FFF #46. Holidays makes good progress :)
- Interview August 03: Interview with the two main-developers on games.cz (czech)
- v 0.10.6 release August 01: Changelog.
- FFF Aug 01: FFF #45. New team member.
- Review July 30: Nerd³ Apparently In Love with Factorio. See also tweet and video.
- v 0.10.5 release June 30: Changelog.
- Review July 28: Chris Livingston from Rock, Paper, Shootgun.
- FFF July 25: FFF #44. Decision making.
- v 0.10.4 release June 25: Changelog.
- Forum July 24: The Hydra Dilemma: Coop Factorio playthrough.
- FFF July 18: FFF #43. Cucumber time.
- FFF July 11: FFF #42. Big brother is watching you.
- v0.10.3 release July 11: Changelog.
- FFF July 04: FFF #41. Planned release v0.10.3 next week.
- Cheatsheet June 29: Factoratio. Calculating good ratios between different factory types. Thanks to synopia.
- v0.10.2 release June 27: Changelog.
- FFF June 27: FFF #40: New character design and holidays of the developers.
- Tutorial June 26: Everything on one belt. Highly advanced production. Thanks to Malkasphia.
- Cheatsheet June 26: Calculating throughput. Thanks to SilentSam.
- v0.10.1 release June 20: Changelog.
- FFF June 20: FFF #39: Digging too deep.
- Cheatsheet June 20: Item requirements for belts with modular production. Thanks to MtNak.
- Cheatsheet June 17: Minimum Automated Logistic T3 Tech. Very helpful! Thanks to Daeron.
- FFF June 13: FFF #38. Update for v0.10.1 next Friday.
- v0.10.0 release June 06: Changelog.
- Docs June 06 The changes to the game-API for v0.10. New modding possibilities. How to make screenshots. Thanks to drs9999.
- FFF June 06: FFF #37.
- Interview June 01: Test&Interview on WOTS.
- FFF May 31: FFF #36. why the release was shifted.
- Release May 31: Release delayed to 6th June.
- Tutorial May 28: GIF mini tutorials. Factorio explained in mini-animations. Thanks to user mpstark!
- Release May 26: Release for v0.10 planned for next Friday.
- FFF May 23: FFF #35. Kovarex is keeping the lighthouse.
- Tutorial May 23: Lars plays Factorio. Recommend tutorial for beginners.
- News May 20: Buying Pay-safe card available.
- FFF May 16: FFF #34.
- Cheatsheet May 13: Interactive Tech Tree. Thanks to DaveMcW.
- FFF May 09: FFF #33.
- Chat May 09: Factorio IRC changes from ##factorio to #factorio. Webchat also possible.
- Forum May 09: New forum skin. Please report small issues with the new style.
- Internal May 05: New Factorio Logo in Wiki and Forum. See also FFF#12
- Forum May 02: Team Speak Server is up. Thanks to Lee_Newsom.
- Press May 02: Slovak article about Factorio.
- FFF May 02: FFF #32. The trailer and new logo.
- Press May 02: Article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Video May 01: The new Factorio trailer!. Awesome!
- Press May 01: Factorio on Redit
- Press Apr 29: A German article about Factorio.
- FFF Apr 25: FFF #31. Trailer comes out at 1st of May!
- Cheatsheet Apr 25: A technology tree cheatsheet (and item-cheat-sheet). Thanks to Ehzar.
- Blog Apr 21: Let's try factorio by quill18. Also 10,000 copies of factorio sold.
- FFF Apr 18: FFF #30. V0.9.8 is marked as stable now. (But a v0.9.9 will be still released because of small bugs)
- FFF Apr 11: FFF #29. "So many ideas." About voting game content.
- v0.9.8 release Apr 11: Changelog.
- Mods Apr 07: DyTech v2.
- FFF Apr 04: FFF #28. The pack is back.
- v0.9.7 release Apr 04: Changelog.
- Mods Apr 03: DyTech v1.5.4.
- Interview Apr 01: Interview of Michal Kovařík in CanardPC. Thanks to Rwn.
- Cheatsheet Apr 01: A very nice looking cheatsheet. Thanks to Ehzar.
- FFF Mar 29: FFF #27. Going for Steam?!?! Factorio version of 2048
- v0.9.6 release Mar 28: Changelog.
- Roadmap Mar 26: Actualized roadmap. Trailer is coming...
- v0.9.5 release Mar 25: Changelog
- Roadmap Mar 24 Statement about roadmap.
- FFF Mar 21: FFF #26. Different player types.
- v0.9.4 release Mar 21: Changelog
- Roadmap Mar 20: Some definitely planned stuff. Composeable vehicles, valves, fuel stations....
- FFF Mar 14: FFF #25. Own sections for the modders in the forum.
- v0.9.3 release Mar 14: Changelog
- v0.9.2 Mar 10: Loading saves with mods crashes: Any mod that has new GUI elements causes crashing on load with 0.9.2. This bug is acknowledged and will be fixed in 0.9.3
- v0.9.2 Mar 08: Changelog for v0.9.2. Don't forget to remove the hotfix from v0.9.1!
- FFF Mar 08: FFF #24. New inserter design.
- Roadmap Mar 08: Multiplayer: will be developed in a separated branch, so for v0.10 there are only minor changes.
- v0.9.2 Mar 07: Hopefully release of v0.9.2.
- v0.9.2 Mar 06: Announcing longer underground pipes for v0.9.2. See also here.
- v0.9.2 Mar 06: Assemeblies will have a pipe output if needed
- v0.9.2 Mar 06: New chest: active and passive provider chests.
- Roadmap Mar 06: Announcing work for multiplayer for v0.10 and later: "There is big possibility we might have 0.10 without multiplayer with just some tweaks and graphical updates + some small content additions."
- Guide Mar 06: About the usages of weapons. Thanks to Sir Nick.
- Guide Mar 01: Factorio Item Recipes - All recipes in graphical form. Thanks to sparr.
- Guide Feb 25: Blue print explained - A "Power base" concept by Lee_newsum. Discuss here.
- v0.9.1 Feb 24: Hotfix-mod for 0.9.1 - see Changelog v0.9.1 for explanations (Update)
- v0.9.1 Feb 21: Changelog v0.9.1
- v0.9.1 Feb 23: Rays step by step guide for a compact factory - how to get from nothing to blue science pack production. Recommended!
- v0.9.0 A first overview is here this nice video' by Malkasphia. Recommend to watch this! Discuss here.
- v0.9.0 Please read the Changelog. Most things are very self-explaining.
- v0.9.0 liquid system is also described at Liquid network/0.9.
- v0.9.0 Forum: Big Z's Guide to Big Oil - nice text