Template:Technology Modules are items used to enhance existing buildings' capabilities. They are expensive, require appropriate research and are produced slowly, but can eventually greatly improve the efficiency of a factory.
- If you want more products per second, use a speed module.
- If you want more products per input resource, use a productivity module.
- If you want more products per watt of energy, use an effectivity module.
In addition to improving the efficiency of the factory, modules are also used in many late- and endgame recipes such as modular armor and its equipment.
|Recipe:||+ + => or or|
|Recipe:||+ ( or or ) + => or or|
|Recipe:||+ ( or or ) + + => or or|
|Total raw:||=> | => or|
Used in many Modular armor recipes.
- Level 1: Speed bonus: +20%, Energy consumption +50%
- Level 2: Speed bonus: +30%, Energy consumption +60%
- Level 3: Speed bonus: +50%, Energy consumption +70%
Productivity modules add a second "production bar" at item producing buildings and labs. It fills at the speed of (production - 100%). When it reaches 100%, an extra item (or items, in recipes that result in more than one) is produced.
- Level 1: Productivity: + 4%, Energy consumption +40%, Speed -15%, Pollution multiplier +30%
- Level 2: Productivity: + 6%, Energy consumption +60%, Speed -15%, Pollution multiplier +40%
- Level 3: Productivity: +10%, Energy consumption +80%, Speed -15%, Pollution multiplier +50%
Minimal energy usage is 20% of base energy usage.
- Level 1: Energy consumption -30%
- Level 2: Energy consumption -40%
- Level 3: Energy consumption -50%
More modules of the same type in one device will give diminishing returns. Because of that, it is generally more effective to add efficiency modules with speed and/or productivity modules to get more bonuses over the crafting cascade (assembly lines), especially when assembling machines are part of logistics network. This applies to situations where resources are plentiful but finite.
Filling the device with speed modules is useful when a resource is infinite but the amount of resource pools is low. The best example would be oil deposits. Another good place to use speed modules would be for assembly machines which make products that take a long time to make. Examples would be engine units.
Filling devices with productivity modules is recommended when resources are scarce. Example would be alien artifact processing.
Examples of usage
Efficiency and Effectivity
And this (lol): http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=effectivity
... So: Might be changed ...