Modules are items used to enhance existing buildings' capabilities. They are expensive, require appropriate research and are produced slowly, but can eventually greatly improve the efficiency of a factory.
All modules have identical costs at same levels:
- First level costs 5 Electronic circuit and 5 Advanced circuit
- Second level costs 5 modules of its kind of first level, 5 Electronic circuit and 5 Advanced circuit
- Third level costs 5 modules of its kind of second level, an Alien artifact, 5 Electronic circuit and 5 Advanced circuit
Production times are respectively 60, 120 and 240 units (1 unit / 1 crafting speed = 1 second).
A level 3 module costs 1473 copper plates, 775 iron plates and an alien artifact to produce at 100% productivity. At 160% productivity (maximal achievable without Beacons) at every Assembly Machine used in the chain, the cost decreases to much more manageable 123 copper, 95 iron and 0.625 of an alien artifact.
Used in many Modular armor recipes.
- Level 1: Speed bonus: +20%, Energy consumption +50%
- Level 2: Speed bonus: +30%, Energy consumption +60%
- Level 3: Speed bonus: +50%, Energy consumption +70%
Productivity modules add a second "production bar" at item producing buildings and labs. It fills at the speed of (production - 100%). When it reaches 100%, an extra item (or items, in recipes that result in more than one) is produced.
- Level 1: Productivity: +5%, Energy consumption +50%, Pollution multiplier +30%
- Level 2: Productivity: +10%, Energy consumption +70%, Pollution multiplier +40%
- Level 3: Productivity: +15%, Energy consumption +90%, Pollution multiplier +50%
Minimal energy usage is 20% of base energy usage.
- Level 1: Energy consumption -40%
- Level 2: Energy consumption -60%
- Level 3: Energy consumption -80%