Game modes and options
From Official Factorio Wiki
This page is a list of all current game-modes in Factorio.
- The base game. Play alone, building your base and defending it from the enemy native life!
- Play Factorio with friends and build your factory together.
- Play pre-built scenarios made by users or the developers. Included with the base game:
- Freeplay - Normal single player - launch a satellite to win.
- PvP - Blow up your friends.
- Sandbox - Free-form play, various cheats available to skip to the stage you want to build.
- Supply Challenge - Timed challenge to produce and deliver specified items for each level.
- Team Production - Multiplayer challenge scenario where teams compete on randomised tasks including item production or research.
- Wave Defense - Defend your rocket silo for 20 waves and launch a satellite into space.
- Play the set of scenarios that come with the game by default. The closest thing to a story Factorio has.
- Introduction - Tutorial on various entry level mechanics like crafting, mining and research.
- Transport belt madness - Test your belt layout skills by connecting chests on a small island
- Tight spot - Buy land and machines, sell your final product.