Difference between revisions of "Burner mining drill"
(Added full history.)
(New navigation organisation)
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
Revision as of 08:57, 20 November 2016
Mines about 7 resources per single unit of coal used to fuel it. Covers and mines in a 2x2 area. Mines 0.28/s of copper, coal or iron and .3675/s of stone. Burner miners create a lot of pollution per resource.
Self-Sustaining Coal Mines
Both methods require no electricity.
Two burner mining drills can refuel each other when placed next to each other on a coal deposit as long as they're facing each other. Each drill fuels the other and coal gradually accumulates in their Storage/Stacks, so you have effectively a storage of 100 coal (2 stack, 50 coal, one in each burner miner, together 100). You can do this also for 4 or any other even number of miners.
This method can be used for any number of burner mining drills in a coal deposit. Place a burner mining drill, then place at least three Transport belts from the output in a mirrored "L" like shape so that the third belt has a gap between it and the miner. Fill the gap with a Burner inserter in a way that the inserter can insert coal to the miner.
- Mining drill now ignores resources that can't be mined because of the higher hardness.
- Player starts with one burner mining drill and one furnace in the freeplay.
- Increased mining speed of burner mining drill.
- Shows area of effect when highlighted.
- Mining drill evenly mines from every tile in it's area.
- Added support for modules to Electric mining drills.
- Mining drills deactivate when out of resources.
- Show output arrows when alt mode is on.
- New Graphics.
- Shows count of available resources.