The Burner inserter is the most basic and slowest type of Inserter. They are powered by burning Fuel, compared to the more advanced inserters which are powered by electricity. When moving fuel, they will fuell themselves as well, which machkes it useful for filling Boilers with coal. This has the advantage that they will continue working even if the power fails. This is not the case for electrically powered inserters. While having no drain, they consume vastly more energy than comparable Inserters when active.
Burner inserters cannot grab moving items from either red belts or blue belts. They also cannot grab moving items from turning belts if the item's on the far side. They however will try to grab things, and consume fuel in their attempts. Eventually, the Burner Inserter will run out of fuel, unable to refuel itself, and stop working.
For more information on mechanics and uses see Inserters.
A burner inserter consumes (at a rate of 188kW) exactly 1 coal (8.0MJ burner energy) every 42.55 seconds (0.0235 coal/second) when running continuously. In practice, the burner inserter may not run continuously, however burner inserters consume no idle power, therefore 1 coal will last 42.55 seconds of run time. In this time, a burner inserter will transfer items approximately 25 times. In contrast, a regular inserter will transfer approximately 256 times using the same amount of coal (through steam power). However, due to the electric energy drain of other inserters, a burner inserter is more coal efficient than a regular inserter if the inserter only operates less than once every 1560 seconds (26 minutes).
- Inserters connected to the circuit network now have the option to only read hand contents.
- Inserters can now send the item held in hand to the circuit network.
- Inserters are able to squeeze things slightly better to belts. more resources.
- All types of inserters can be controlled by the circuit and logistic network, once the respective network is researched.
- Improved burner inserter's fuel searching logic; it will now search both transport belt lines for fuel
- Burner inserter now grabs fuel for itself even if the target doesn't need it
- Inserters will never take more than the max stack size of an item.
- Inserters and logistic robots no longer extract from enemy chests
- Inserters now correctly pick up items from splitters
- Burner inserters start with enough energy to pick up 1 item and fuel themselves.
- Inserters can now extract from Roboports and Beacons.
- Inserters now take items from right behind them, not from the center of the pickup target entity.
- New icon
- New sounds
- Inserters can have arbitrary pickup and insert positions.
- Inserter code optimisation, inserters that have nothing to do will sleep.
- Improved inserter's ability to pull from train wagons.
- Fast inserter now has the same speed as the smart inserter.
- Inserter can now pick up up to 5 items when researched.
- Smaller inserter bounding box
- New Inserter graphics
- The item in the hand of the inserter is returned to the player when mined.
- Show direction of inserter
- Transport network
- Inserter experiments : Info on throughput
- Burner Inserters: Less polluting than non-burning!?